HCTC Libraries remain open during the summer. The library staff is here to help so please feel free to stop by. Hours for both the Stephens and Lees locations will be Monday-Thursday 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m., closed Fridays with the exception of Memorial Day and 4th of July when the library will operate on an 8:00-4:30 p.m. schedule. Closed on the national holiday dates.
· Librarians are available all summer to assist you. For assistance with writing assignments you may schedule a one-to-one session to review MLA or APA by going to the following link: https://hazard.kctcs.edu/current-students/student-resources/library/services-for-students.aspx
If you need help accessing the databases or have questions about the research process you may
contact library staff by email or phone or use the Text/Chat feature “Ask a Question” located on the webpage at: https://hazard.kctcs.edu/current-students/student-resources/library/index.aspx
· You have access to thousands of online eBooks through EBSCO’s Academic Collection. The books are available for access off campus. Go to Catalogs and Databases, select EBSCOhost and look for the link to eBook Academic Collection.
· Off Campus access to databases and eBooks is available 24/7. Students are authenticated through the HCTC Libraries’ proxy server.
Go to: https://hazard.kctcs.edu/current-students/student-resources/library/catalogs-databases.aspx Click on Catalogs and Databases, select the database group, enter your KCTCS log-in and password (JDoe0006, library125) when prompted.
· Multiple LibGuides are available and serve to provide step by step instructions on how to locate and use the resources (eBooks, magazines, journals, newspapers and related web links). http://hazard.kctcs.libguides.com/?b=g&d=a . The Distance Learning LibGuide can be a helpful and provides step by step instructions and tutorials on how to access electronic books and databases.
· Library contact information is also included in Blackboard. Look for the eLibrary tab at the top of the screen.
Please contact me with any questions you may have regarding resources or services.
Cathy Branson Cathy.Branson@kctcs.edu.
Director of Library Services